Friday, February 02, 2007

Da Dat Da Da....

Why are girls obsessed with getting married? How did it become that it was another one of those rites of passage that a woman want to get married? And why does it become sooo contagious...I have a little sister getting married soon, a bunch of friends that have recently and one that just got engaged last week. Now all I have on my mind is what I would like for my big day. I have been thinking (plotting, planning) of things that I want to make my day special and have a list a mile long. I have been with my boyfriend for over 5 years so we keep getting the "So when are you two getting married?" and actually have been for a couple years now. I thought I was likely to be the next one to be married seeing as I have been in a relationship longer then my next oldest cousin that is single, but my little sister is beating me to the punch.

I am in love with the whole idea of planning everything, planning it to be one great event that everyone will have a blast with. The up and down side to getting married after everyone is that I can see the things that didn't work out but then my ideas or colors have the chance of getting stolen before I have a chance to use them. I have started a list of who I want favors I like, cake designs (which I struggle with seeing as I don't like cake), dresses for me and for the girls. I have teased that I can have the whole wedding planned in a matter of 6 months all I need is the ring. Someone once mentioned that well why don't you just ask him to marry you if you think that you are ready for it, I guess I am still old fashioned enough to want the boy to ask me. And in my case, I asked him out so it's technically his turn to do the asking....

1 comment:

Marla Bean said...

So... When are you two getting married?